TOK Presentation Planning Document
Estimated Timing of Pres 10 minutes
Topic (why is it significant?): It explores the significance of titles, its influence on how humans perceive things and humans opinion towards the subject.
To what extent does titles influence our sensory perception?
1. What is the real life situation under consideration?
Our everyday life deals with naming things and things being named.
- The influence of titles on aesthetic experiences. e.g. art, movies
- In depth: To what extent does a name influence personality?
2. What is the TOK knowledge issue(s) (questions) that will be the focus of your presentation?
How is our opinion on a subject shaped by titles?
How is our opinion on a person shaped by their name?
- To what extent would our ideas and opinions be expanded if titles did not exist? e.g. Would there be more controversies in the world?
- To what extent can a title create controversies?
- How do people working in businesses and companies manipulate titles of products to encourage people to buy their products?
3. Write a summary in note form (like a bulleted list) of the way you plan to deal with the knowledge issue(s)/questions during your presentation. Provide approximate TIME and be specific about TOOLS, EXAMPLES and WHO is doing what. Think about the criteria:
- Start with gathering resources by researching more articles that relates to my topic.
- The prezi and/or youtube video will be prepared in order for the presenation.
- Ensure that all of the questions and information is added in the correct order.
- A prezi and/or a youtube video will be made to present the information that gives ideas to expand on the topic.
- The knowledge issues will be answered by various opinions.
a. How will you identify the knowledge issue(s)?
- Create a survey and have peers, friends, adults and outsiders answer the survey.
- Research online if there have been any controversies involving the topic.
b. How will you show your personal perspective?
Ask myself similar questions.
- Dedicate a portion of the presentation to sharing my opinions.
c. How will you make connections to other Ways of Knowing or Areas of Knowledge?
- Discuss with others about the chosen topic
- Research the other ways of knowing and make connections.
d. How will you examine the knowledge claims and possible counterclaims (i.e different perspectives)? Tip: ask yourself, what would someone who disagrees with the claim say, and what reasons would he give? What about someone from a different culture, age group, religion, class, educational background?
Example multiple claims for different perspectives
Research any articles or accounts of people who have disagreed with a claim(s)
- Research if there were any controversies that relates to the chosen topic.
e. How will you examine the implications of knowledge?
- People who use their knowledge in a strategic way to benefit oneself.
f. If there is bias, how will you examine that? What about assumptions and presuppositions?
There will be no bias ideas.
Only opinions of what the world says will be explained.
Different views will be explained.
Type of Presentation: