1. Do you think we should respect the beliefs of a racist or sexist person? Provide reasons. If possible, find a recent article or video that could be used to question this (for example, the July 2011 massacre by Norwegian “racist” Anders Breivik).
Although the constituion gives us the right to freedom of speech, there is a fine line between freedom of speech and out right inciting violence that infringes on others rights. it is my opnion that instigators of hate should be limited in there message or propaganda of hate and dicrimination. If racist or sexist people or groups continue carry on with their recruiting, their victim or oppressed will naturally form their own group and retaliate as gangs. The weaker individuals with source of peer protection will join the gang for there protection. This mentality is running rampant inthe US and other countries. Black gangs like the Crips,Bloods, Latin gangs like the Latin Kings and MS13. I don’t think that we should respect beliefs of a racist or sexist person, due to the fact that it can lead to danger and perhaps another massacre.
2. Find some examples of beliefs (modern or throughout History) that you think are both misguided and dangerous.
- Cult leaders draw followers into the worlds of power, obsession and sometimes death.
- Parents haave loss their children to cults and wondered how cults attracted devotees.
- If a person joins the cult and does what they say like steal children, they would be considered as one of Gods followers.
- Cargo cult, is an example of people worshipping an aircraft and built effigies to entice their gods for the sole purpse of material wealth which expresses mans greed once again.
3. Comment on AT LEAST ONE of the videos on the blog post (other than the one we watched in class) . What are your thoughts and questions? What do they say about knowledge? memory? Intuition? Truth? Belief?
I believe that children are most vulnerable toward joining cults. Their minds can be easily pursuaded by an adult . The video that I watched called it a viral nematic disease. If the child or adult is searching for someone to look up to .or may want to believe that if they join this cult something good will happen.These are the type of people will be easily convinced to join a cult group.